Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Hurt elbow after being hit by ball. Area swollen. Looks like fluid build up. What could it be?

a few weeks ago while playing fotball I was hit really hard any my elbow hurt. I WENT TO URGENT CARE AND WAS TOLD TO JUST ICE IT THaT IT was just a bad bone bruise , but it is still sore and looks swollen. it looks as thogh alot of fluid is built up on it, do you have any suggestions on what this is? It was about 5 weeks ago when it was hurt
Asked On : Fri, 1 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  60
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Well I believe that it could be a localized inflammation.
If i was your doctor i would consider an X-ray of your elbow to be sure. If the X-ray is normal i.e. if there is no fracture, I would just prescribe some NSAID drug.
Usually the cause of such swelling is a localized bruise or a ligament injury. There is nothing much that can be done except some pain killers.
dr ammar
Answered: Wed, 23 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor