Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
139 Doctors are Online

Hurt ankle bone. What can help the pain caused by carpet cleaner?

At work today I ran into the corner of a carpet cleaner which hurt really bad. I continued working but noticed when I got home that my ankle bone was really swollen and the pain is pretty bad. Hopefully it is nothing serious. It s very tender and extremely sore at the site where I hit it. Any concerns or suggestions??
Asked On : Sun, 26 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  32
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Feb 2014
Hello christiejjohnson

Thanks for posting your query

You had injury to your ankle by corner of carpet cleaner.

After that you had swelling & it is tender to touch at the site of impact.

You might be suffering from soft tissue injury to ankle or a fracture.

you need a x-ray of ankle to rule out any fracture.

So you have to visit an orthopaedic surgeon for exam & x-ray as required.

Answered: Thu, 13 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor