Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Huge wound on the lower back,Inflamed skin with greenish color. Lithrotripsy done

Yes, a deep almost crater like shaped wound appeared on my lower back 3 days ago. Now the entire skin is inflamed and bright red, and it is extremely hot. The wound itself is a very bright almost neon green color and.stains a very foul smelling odor. This worries me bc I was in the ICU in Jan after going.into septic.shock during a lithotripsy
Asked On : Tue, 16 Apr 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  24
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Pediatrician, Surgery 's  Response
Thank you for placing your query on Health Care Magic
What you describe appear to be a Bed Sore. It appears that you been immobilized for a very long time. Bed sores develop at the spots where there is constant pressure along with perspiration.
My suggestions
1. If you are still bed ridden, use air mattresses which help to distribute the pressure points
2. Frequently change your posture or ask some one to help in doing so. Prefer sleeping on your flanks
2. Keep that area dry with powder
3. Applying spirit to the back helps toughen the skin and avoids bedsores
4. For the already developed bed sore, you need a surgeon/ plastic surgeon to debride it and do dressings. Once it heals it may require some sort of cover too.
5. Get cultures sent from the wound. It will dictate the antibiotics to be used.
6. Get your hemoglobin and protein levels checked. They should kept in a normal range to promote healing.
Hope that helps
God bless you

Answered: Tue, 16 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Cardiologist Dr. Anantharamakrishnan's  Response
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

You have not stated your age, gender, personal habits, family history or co-morbidities
Are you a diabetic? Is your renal function normal?

It sounds like a deep seated infection trying to burst out? / How did you manage to describe it, when it is in the back!?

You should be seen by a surgeon - as soon as possible
You may need incision and drainage..

Take care
Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Answered: Tue, 16 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor