Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Huge lump on buttocks, insect bite, skin peeling, bruised, pus filled. Treatment?

I have a huge lump on my upper right buttcheek & I asked my doctor about it & she said it will slowly disapprove but it s been a month & all it has done is started pealing. I think it s an insect bite its a huge lump & I think it s bruised because it hurts when I even lightly touch it there are three dots inside like white as if there were pimples or something? I ve attempted to pop them but like I said it hurts it s bruised. Or swollen? & Im thinking about just sticking it with a needle & getting probably puss out? Although I m not sure if that ll be safe or of its web puss ,please help!
Asked On : Sun, 15 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  470
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for seeking advice through HCM.
You seem to be having an abscess which needs a lot of hot water fomentation. For GOD's sake don't puncture it with a needle as it can complicate things. As it is a month old the pus / secretions inside could be very thick & hence may need surgical excision called I&D[Incision & Drainage] by a surgeon.
You may also need antibiotics & anti inflammatory drugs.
Take care.
Answered: Mon, 16 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor