How will smoking affect the heart rate ?

how will smoking affect the heart rate?
Sun, 28 Aug 2011
Drug/Medication ,   ,  
Medical Topics ,   ,   ,  
's  Response
it will increase heart rate
Pediatrician Dr. Suryakanta Baraha's  Response
hi,
welcome to hcm
thanks for the query
the nicotine present in it stimulates the adrenal gland to secrete catecholamines specially noradrenaline.this increases the heart rate
take care. wish you a good health

I ended up at the hospital two days ago because I noticed my heartbeats were 37 a minute - I was observed for almost one day and discharged with bradychardia ( due to excessive alcohol and little sleep ) - now after this shock I am afraid to smoke. I of course intend to stop smoking but I canĀ“t quit cold turkey but little by litlle. Can I smoke a cigarette now that my heartbeats are 50 a minute or I risk to get a heart attack? Thank you for your patience

i smoked a blunt with a former friend just last night,but my high was totally different.10 mins.after the blunt was gone,i got paranoid which never happens,my heart rate increased,i was mad,irritated,self conscious,alert,my legs felt kind of weak,i was staggering b4 i even had my drink like my balance was off,i knew i was high of some whole other shit at the same time i knew it was meth because it was scentless i couldnt smell it over the weed,i couldnt really taste the weed,and i smoke weed regularly like every day so i know my body an its reactions to weed if it was regular kush i would have had the regular results.somebody laced my weed how fucked up is that? so was i or was i not high on crystal meth and weed?

im 22 years old, 5 10 , weigh 190. i also smoke cigs. last weekend i snorted a line of crystal meth, and felt pretty awesome. so this weekend while working, i took multiple lines( about 7, less than gram, thin lines). started sat and stopped on monday. i stopped because i started feeling my heartbeat race, palms began to sweat. so i checked my heart rate and it was beating at 120-140 bpm. i went home, and tryed to relax. i also began to take deep slow breaths to help. but it slowly began to rise even more so, about 150 bpm. then it suddenly felt as if it was jumping in and out of my chest, my fingers curled open stiff, and my nerve endings felt to be firing all over for about 10 horrible seconds. after that, my heart rate did lower. but ever since then(which happened monday) ive had an elevated heart beat/rate. now its wednesday, and its still some what elevated. around 85-105. its been staying at very close to 100 today. how long should i expect this to persist??

Recent questions on  Heart rate monitor

I have been diagnosed with very frequent premature ventricular complex. I have had 4 ECG all borderline or abnormal with different automated messages: 1. probable anteroseptal infarct old 2. negative T wave anterior 3. minimal ST depression . All...

I thought I was having anxiety attacks that always hit right before a bowel movement. ..I'd get hot or cold , spacey head feeling, increased awareness of heartbeat etc...but got a fit bit for my birthday with a heart rate monitor so ive been able...

my son eats alot of fish...tuna, exercises hard each day, does alot of cardio...once had tighten of chest at gym...his ekg was adnormal...doc said maybe sinus bradycardia..now has to go trough 24 hour heart monitor and echo...never took a mercury poison test...should he do so. never had a problem with heart..only one time short breath pulse is 38-46...

I was b12 defiecient and anemic and put on iron and weekly shots for b12 for a month then dropped to once a month! Been experecing low heart rate at doctors office 40 s did Ekg came back fine but low heart rate! Put me on heart monitor for two weeks now. Experencing shortness of breath, fatigue, etc! I only take vitamins, calcium, multi vit, iron x2, and the now monthly shot of b12. any suggestions? Is anything I m taking doing this?

Hi, may I answer your health queries right now ? Please type your query here...

My blood pressure is excellent, but I woke up last night with a pulse rate of 111. my husband stated go to the ER. My EKG was good, the heart monitor was good, it went down to 87, 82, but I do have a thyroid problem, think that could be the problem. The doctor also stated I had a heart mummer?? that was new :( but can you help me. Then she stated they may be given me to much thyroid medication.