Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
186 Doctors are Online

How will I be able to increase my height ?

hey doc, I am a girl 15 years of age. My height is just 4 11 I am extremely unhappy about my height. There is no way i am able to increase my height. I need urgent help. thank you
Asked On : Tue, 28 Jun 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  54
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
As you are only 15 years of age so you have still some years to add to yoour height. Have balanced diet and work out regularly, protein rich diet , milk and nuts all nourish your body well. There are herbs like ashwagandha shatawari, chitrak and kaunch etc used for this purpose but they are not backed by enough data to support the claim.
Answered: Thu, 30 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Suman Waldiya's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic
height depends on genetic factors and diet.
as you are 15 ,you have chances to increase height.
include proteins in your diet like soyabean,pulses ,beans and non-veg,if you take and enough of milk.
Have aswagandarishta 2tsf twice daily after meals.
Exercises like tadasana,hanging on beam,cycling,swimming will also help.
Wish you good health.
Answered: Tue, 28 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor