Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

How treatment should I take to get rid of jock itch and regain the original skin color ?

Hi I suffered from jock itch ( tinea cruris ) and still am. I have been to four doctors seeking their medical help. Non of the medication ( oral medication, antifungal creams etc.) I received from them is working. I have also tried home remedies ( selenium sulphide,head and shoulders,tea tree oil etc.) and here as well nothing is working. What should I do to get rid of the fungus and get my skin (area that is affected by the fungus) back to its normal colour? (the fungus is all over my inner thighs,groin and stretches right down into the buttocks )
Asked On : Sat, 3 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  502
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi..dear Lockhat..,
Thanks for choosing HCM..,
According to your could be..,
TINEA is fungal disease, recurrence more.,
Course of treatment is advisable..,
Here U follow ...,
1) Every day 2 times bath with Ketaconazole (KETO soap).,
2) Apply cream...morning QUADRIDERM.,(Fulford)..,
Night times ....EBERCONAZOLE 1% (Reddy's lab-EBERNET).,
3) Tab..TERBINAFINE 1% ( ZIMIG-gsk) daily for 15 dys..,
4) Clotrimazole Dusting powder...(CANDID-Glenmark).,
Answered: Fri, 13 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor