How to wean off Nadolol?

how do I wean myself from drug called nadolol . trying to replace it with metoprolol. can I take them together like lowering from 40mg for nadolol from 80 mg and only 25 mg of metoprolol from prescribed 50 mg for a week? then 20 mg of nadolol and 35mg of metoprolol the second week, then 20mg nadolol and40mg metoprolol. Then stop alttogether nadolol and continue 50mg metoprolol
Tue, 17 Jul 2018
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hello!

Welcome on HCM!

Regarding your concern, I would explain that these drugs are both beta blockers.

So, it is OK to switch cold turkey from 80mg of Nadolol to 50mg of Metoprolol, because they make the same effects on your heart.

Hope you will find this answer helpful!

Kind regards,

Dr. Iliri