• question-icon

How to use contraceptives to avoid pregnancy?

Hi...can you please tell me about the following 1. is there any chance of getting pregnency if I had sex on 11th day of my periods. My menstrual cycle is 30day cycle. 2. can you tell me about contraceptive pills. When I have to take and also about the side effects of using contraceptive pills.
Thu, 10 Oct 2019

Yes, you have a chance to get pregnant in 11th day of menstrual cycle 2. You have to take contraceptive pills the first day of your menstrual cycle and the same time for 21 days.

There are many side effects like increasing the risk for thrombosis, osteoporosis, weight gain etc. Remember contraceptive pills don't protect you from sexually transmitted diseases.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Blerina Pasho, General & Family Physician