Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

How to treat vaginal candidiasis ?

what can i use as the treatment for vaginal candidiasis ,and do the over the counter treatments work
Asked On : Mon, 6 Jun 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  397
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
welcome to HealthcareMagic
Candid infection is present in dormant form in male and when it enters females vagina it starts as infection.So the treatment required should be done properly.Over the counter medicines do not help.For proper treatment it is necessary to take antifungal medicines orally as well as intravaginally for which you should consult a Gynaecologist.Also to avoid recurrence of the candid infection you should get treatment for male partner as well .Kindly get examined and treated by a Gynaec.
Answered: Mon, 6 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Gaurav Patel's  Response
u need to apply clotrimazole cream twice a day
take tab fluconazole 150 tab once a wk
do keep it ddry and clean
avoid sexual relation for 10 days
Answered: Mon, 6 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor