• question-icon

How to treat the withdrawal symptoms of lonazep?

HELLO, I HAD BEEN TAKING LONAZEP 0.5 FROM LAST 3 YEARS. NOW FROM LAST 2 WEEKS I HAVE STOPPED THEM. I AM SUFFERING FROM WITHDRAWAL SYMPTOMS.CAN MEDITATION/DHYANA CURE THIS WITHDRAWAL SYPMTOMS.PLEASE HELP I DONT WANT TO TAKE MEDICATION AGAIN I AM FED UP WITH THEM....
Mon, 30 Sep 2019

The medicine is a Benzodiazepine which is an anxiolytic. It leads to dependence and you are having withdrawal symptoms from its sudden stopage.

Exercise, Yoga, meditation and relaxation technique would help you bear the symptoms better.

However, if you still have severe symptoms, you can take the medicine at a lower dose than you last took without symptoms and gradually taper down and stop.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Noble Zachariah, Internal Medicine Specialist