• question-icon

How to treat the swelling in eyelids with headaches and facial pain?

From March 2011 I have been experiencing the following: swelling of the eyelids swelling of the face on one side severe headaches severe facial pain pressure in the head/heavy head I have seen a GP but he has said I am enigmatic. This is affecting my progress in school. Please can you provide some suggestions or diagnosis?
Tue, 10 Dec 2019

Your symptoms seem to be related to migraine. I suggest using anti inflammatory medications such as Acetaminophen to relieve the pain and inflammation. If the symptoms continue, I suggest using prescription medication such as Triptans or consult a neurologist.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi, General & Family Physician