• question-icon

How to treat the migraine headaches that is not curing with steroids?

I have been having migraines on right side of head and burning in my right ear. I had an mri and cat scan, bloods taken at er and all back normal. I was given an iv drip of benadryl and steroid and it cleared up for a few hours. My doctor has me on steroids for 5 days(on day 2 dose). I went to chriopractor and was re-alligned. Still having headaches. I am 43 years old. Can you tell me what else this could be?
Mon, 30 May 2016
Hi welcome to health care magic....

You are mentioning having migraine ....
But you are given medicine for relieving headache by congestive symptoms that is by inflammation....
If you have migraine attack of headache comes paroxymally and it is aggravated by stress, bright light etc...Some time aura that is feeling of abnormal smell or tingling like sensation before attack ....

For migraine confirmation you can consult good psychiatrist.....

For it when acute attack you might treated with sumatriptan , ergotamine or ibuprofen and naproxen....

Avoid precipitating factors for headache like......
-hypoglycemia
-skipped meal
-lack of 8 hour sleep
-bright light
- very loud noise
-stress
-smoking.....

Muscle relaxation , yoga helpful.
Peppermint oil inhalation or topical application help in getting more blood to brain and open sinus .so good for headache.

Avoid coffe....

Prophylactic amitryptillin can be started.

Dr.Parth