Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

188 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

How to treat the hard lump on the back of my head?

Hi, I have discovered a hard lump on the back of my head near the right ear about a inch up from my hairline? It only hurts when you press on it. I haven t sustained any head injuries so I m curious to know what it is. In the past I suffered from lympth node TB
Thu, 17 Jan 2019
Report Abuse
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response

Be careful, it could be reactivation OF TB. It could be a sebaceous cyst as well. Kindly consult a skin specialist/surgeon. Get it operated and send the material for further examination.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Nirmal Chander Gupta,
Orthopaedic Surgeon
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

a few weeks ago inoticed a strange lumpon the back of my head at the bottom,it is very hard.Ihave also been getting problems with my ears ringing in them.I do have medicaly controled epilepsy,last night and today ihave had several funny turns andhave been sleeping alot as if to do with my epilepsy after an episode can you help

doctor1 MD

I have a small hard bony lump on the back of my head, not sure how long its been there. its painless to touch. I have head aches a lot but thats not a recent thing, just asking to calm my anxiety, I know its probably nothing but now that I ve found it its really frustrating me

doctor1 MD

I have a lump at the back of my head on the left side, just where the hairline ends. I did not hit my head on anything. I applied some pressure on it and now its continuously hurting. Sometimes the pain pulsates or throbs. It feels about the size of a large marble. Can you help me out to know what this could be?