How to treat redness in eye?

Hi,I was suffering from redness in my right eye..I visited doctor..he said may be I am allegergic to contact lens which I am currently using..he gave me eye drops refresh tears and fml eye drop and also vigamox drop..redness decreased after 5 days...but then again it came back and this time with swelling and pain and watery discharge in the same eye..doc said that it might be conjunctivitis..he prescribed gatilox eye drop,refresh tears drop and pataday eye drop...but my eye is getting even worse..or say no improvement... The pain and swelling persists..its almost 2 weeks since the whole episode... Pls help..
Fri, 23 Oct 2015
Dentist 's  Response
Hi Dear ,

As per your query you have redness in your eyes and your doctor had prescribed you gatilox eye drop . Well there can be many reasons for redness of eyes like dry air , exposure to the sun , dust , allergic reactions , bacteria or viruses and conjunctivitis . I would suggest you to avoid wearing lenses , wash your eyes with cold water , avoid activities that can cause eyestrain , keep cucumber slices on your eyes for some time , take anti histamine like bendryl twice a day , avoid apply any skin product on face and continue eye drops prescribed by doctor . If condition doesn't get better then consult ophthalmologist again for proper diagnosis . Doctor may prescribe oral antibiotics along with anti inflammatory and anti allergic .

Hope your concern has been resolved.

Get Well Soon.
Best Wishes,
Dr. Harry Maheshwari