How to treat polio leg?

Docter , i am Nandini ,49 yrs .i have a polio leg , was given a muscle transplant 30 yrs ago , as my upper thigh muscles were dead , ten yrs ago i atarted having immense pain in my knee , was again operated and a leg supporting plate was fixed in my lower leg ..i have less pain but ..as my spine is a little thick because of a bad posture ..and as muscles have gone weak after surgeries ..is ther any suppport system which can help me walk ..any machine or the like..as i wud like to walk ..even if little ..so that i may live self dependent .. regards and thanx
Mon, 18 Nov 2019
Addiction Medicine Specialist 's  Response

This is a very individualized case and NERVE CONDUCTION STUDIES would show if the nerves are working. They often shut down or change years to decades after the polio. If it is just weak muscles and the nerve conduction tests will show that if they are done by a somewhat smart doctor, then plain gradual exercise will help it in fairly short order.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Matt Wachsman, Addiction Medicine Specialist