How to treat pain in the lower esophagus?

I have been getting pain when I eat which feels like a bubble lodged in my lower esophagus. It can last for a few minutes. I ve tried eating small bites slowly but it still happens at least once each time I eat. I do take Famotidine regularly for acid reflux, but what s happening now is much worse.
Fri, 9 Nov 2018

Consult a gastroenterologist and get evaluated. You have to get an endoscopy to rule out any abnormalities or lower oesophagus.

As of now, analgesics like Tramadol can be tried for symptomatic relief.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Shinas Hussain, General & Family Physician