Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

How to treat loose motion in a 25 days old baby ?

Hai Doctor , My relative 25-20 days baby suffering with daily 6 to 8 times going to water motion .so what type of medicine (Syrup) required for the treat of motion . Please give reply to as soon as possible. Naresh.nunna
Asked On : Thu, 25 Aug 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  340
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
The baby can be continued breast feeding. You need to give WHO ORS which is standard treatment for diarrhoea water loss. Buy the sachet, and dissolve it in 1 litre of pre-boiled and cooled water and give in sips to drink in clean spoon. Avoid giving anything else to baby, not even water, honey, gripe water etc. Only breast feeding is must. If this does not help and baby is weak, sleepy and not feeding properly then he may need IV fluids in hospital Usually it is viral infection and does not require antibiotics.
Answered: Thu, 25 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor