How to treat irritation on the soft palate?

The roof of my mouth has been very irritated all week. red with some white areas. My teeth hurt bc of the inflammed area but the last 2 days my ear has been affected too. on a scale of 1-10 my discomfort level is getting to a 6. I m not sure what the root of the problem could be.
Mon, 22 Feb 2016
Dentist 's  Response
Hi..
Welcome to HEALTHCARE MAGIC..

I have gone through your query and can understand your concerns..

As per your complain irritation of mouth roof along with formation of red and white areas can be due to causes like throat infection caused by bacteria or virus, post nasal drip, acid reflux etc..
I would suggest you to consult an Otolaryngologist and get evaluated and a thorough clinical evaluation and a thorough clinical evaluation and investigations like throat swab culture and pH levels of the throat can help in diagnosis and treatment can be planned accordingly..
In case of infection you can be advised to take antibiotics, anti-inflammatory painkillers,warm saline gargles, steam inhalations and use a humidifier in room..
In case of acid reflux you can be advised proton pump inhibitors like Omeprazole, antacids, and dietary modifications along with warm saline gargles and drinking plenty of cool water..

Hope this information helps..

Thanks and regards.
Dr.Honey Nandwani Arora..