Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
142 Doctors are Online

How to treat irregular periods. Unable to have child. Taking modus 10 and walapharage -SR 500

My wife have mestrual problems. she is having iregular periods , some times after two months. sometime . after one month like this. and some times the bleeding will not stop until consult doctor & ge t medicine. lastly doctor give modus 10 and walapharage -SR 500 for one month . it is good medication? or any other treatment to cure the desease. we got marrie d before two yeasrs. and still we don have child?
Asked On : Thu, 19 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  17
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
OBGYN 's  Response
From the description, I understand that your wife is experiencing hormone imbalance and she needs a complete work up to know the exact cause and also to plan further management since you are anxious to conceive. Modus is a progestogen and Walapharage is metformin used in the treatment of insulin resistance. These medications are safe to use and are indicated in the treatment of hormone imbalance caused by polycystic ovaries. Also, weight management and regular exercise are needed. Hope this helps.
Answered: Tue, 21 Oct 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor