• question-icon

How to treat insomnia?

i have been suffering insomnia since 2002. been put on zolpidem by my doctor, but it makes me very drowsy and agitated during the day. i stopped taking this medication as all of the negative side effects i seemed to present with. what is the best possible way to deal with my insomnia? i am currently studying for my phd and teaching at the same time, so it is difficult with little sleep. help please.
Mon, 23 Jun 2014
hiiii
try natural ways to get good sleep rather than medicines
medicines are useful and safe also
zolpidame is safest among them and least side effect
but natural way are the best
it is like
u have to follow sleep hygiene
that are following
fix sleep schedule and stick on it
avoid daytime nap
avoid alcohol
avoid tea coffe soft drinks 3 hour before sleep
regular exercise that makes u fatigue
meditation to reduce stress
light food in dinner
light music while u sleep
use bed only when u feel sleepy
cool and calm bed room
avoid any worries and dont think much in bed if they are than write it down think ab it tomorrow

still after doing all this if u haven't good sleep than start medicines
treat other associated psychological problems if present any
thank u