Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

How to treat infertility? Can you help in analyzing the sperm test report?

Dear sir, I am from India, Asia . A Man aged 41 , married. I have infertility problem. I have done the SEMINAL FLUID examined many times in last few years .The following results of the tests are getting repeated despite of the use of various medicines prescribed by doctors. Can you please guide me for the next step? Basic Test Result: Macroscopic : color-Grayish white Quantity- 1.0 ml Viscosity- Low Reaction - Alkaline Microscopic: Spermatozoa: NOT SEEN LEUKOCYTES - Present, 0-2/HPF My mail: YYYY@YYYY Waiting for your kind response ........yours Chittaranjan Sahu
Asked On : Fri, 4 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  31
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
You are suffering from azospermia ( nil sperms ) 
This disorder is found in 3% of infertile males.
There are various causes for nil sperms like
Hormone disorders
Obstruction to the outflow of semen
Germ cell disorder of testis
Testicular disorders
Anti sperm antibody and so on.

You must consult a urologist and get properly investigated to find the cause.
Once the cause is found,you can be treated.
Investigations required are
Complete hormone profile,anti sperm antibody,ultrasound of testis,testicular biopsy,genetic studies etc

Answered: Fri, 4 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor