How to treat hyper pigmentation ?

i have a hyperpigmentation over my face and i consult with Dermatologist and he advise me apply melaglow and tablet vit c and to apply sunscreen .now it has almost one month and i don t see any difference.please suggest me what should i do?
Sat, 7 Apr 2012
Thanks for writing in.
Hyperpigmentation can occur due to a variety of causes like endocrine disturbances, exposure to sunlight, drugs like antibiotics, antiarrhythmics, and antimalaria drugs and in post inflammatory states.
There are a few things that I would like to clarify here. First of all, the sunscreen that you are using should have a 50-60 SPF and should cover both UVA and UVB. This needs to be applied 20 minutes before stepping out and every 2 hours thereafter. Further, you should also use an umbrella.
Other drugs which are used for treating hyperpigmentation include creams which contain tretinoin, azelaic acid and hydroquinone. Procedures like glycolic acid peels are also used sometimes.

These are prescription drugs and you would need to see a dermatologist for the same.
Dermatologist Dr. Puvvula Kishore Kumar's  Response
Hi...dear
Thanks for choosing HCM..,

HYPERPIGMENTATION of face is due to..,

a) Suntanning......due to sun.,

b) Endocrinal disturbances..due to congenital anomalies.,

c) Chloasma.....due to pregnancy.,

d) Melasma.....due to Hormonal disturbances in Menopause.,

e) Postpigmented inflammation..PIP...due to infections..,

f) Tenia versicolor...nigra...due to fungus..,

So evaluate the case....

follow this treatment..,

1) morning SUNSCREEN LOTION....,

Sunban.,Suncare and Melaguard..SPF 50.,

2) Night times use Kojic cream and vit C..,

3) Frequently use Moisturizing cream..,

4) Tab...Derantox contains....Betacarotene.and vit C.,

minerals..,

If not respond medically..,

A)Chemical peels.,

B) Dermarasion.,

C) LASER therapy..,

ok..consult dermatologist.....good luck.,