Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
137 Doctors are Online

How to treat headache while recovering from alcoholic Hepatitis?

my father is suffering from alcoholic hepatitis (likely cirrhosis) and was having ascites and edema 20 days ago which is now not visible. His billrubin has also came down from 22 to 9.5 and HB rosed from 8 to 9. however he is complaining headache for last two days. i dont know which medicine can be given with such leave condition ??
Fri, 27 May 2016
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
May 2017
Hi thanks for contacting HCM...

Here your father might have cirrhosis as having ascites . .
If splenomegaly associated then portal hypertension can be there by cirrhosis...

For headache paracetamol can be given .But not excessively...

Cirrhosis needs to be treated .If portal hypertension more beta blocker can given.
For ascites diuretic can be given....
Ultimate treatment is transplantation for cirrhosis...
Take low salt diet.
In morning take grined spinach and carrot juice....

If your father having associated sleep disturbance, behavioural abnormality serum ammonia estimation done to rule out encephalopathy....

Hope your concern solved.

Take care.

I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor