• question-icon

How to treat fungal infection?

i have been suffering from fungal infection frm past 2 months.It has affected my groin region,my thighs and my buttocks.It has caused huge discolouration too.I am currently having 150mg flucanazole tablets in a day.Doctor has asked me to take it for one week.Will this help?? is this infection jock itch or candidiasis?? please help me.
Fri, 30 May 2014
Infectious Diseases Specialist 's  Response
Hello
Welcome to HCM
Yes,As you are diagnosed with fungal infection,treament with flucanozole is definitely going to help.
As the infection is in groin area with discolouration,most probably it is jock itch also called as Tinea cruris.You can also use topical antifungal medications,to decrease itching.
Hope you are satisfied with the answer.
Thank you