Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
200 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

How to treat erectile dysfunction in a 64 years old male?

Hi I'm 64 years of age, and i'm in reasonably good health . I'm on a low dose of blood pressure tablets. and cholesterol tablets. I've noticed lately that my penis doesn't get as hard and is prone to going flat during sex . But sometimes I wake up with a really strong hard on and feel really horny and can achieve orgasm . I'm wondering sometimes when I feel like it . It just seems so lazy. I'm retired and in good mental health and quite active . My wife and I have a great relationship and she is very beautiful. I'm lucky. But this happens now. since we met 21 years ago, we've been at it regularly . early on it was two to three times a day then one every day and now three to four times a week. My wife is 54 years old and still very beautiful and trim. this seems to be happening more and more, and I"m concerned . Should I be worried ?
Thu, 27 Feb 2014
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, Welcome to Health care magic forum.
Erectile dysfunction at this age is quite common, due to the feeling that you will have a decrease in the sexual activity.
The other causes may be the vascular structure, with atherosclerosis, anemia, prostate problem,or deficiency of hormone etc.
I advise you to consult an urologist for diagnosis and treatment. You may need to have color Doppler,lipid profile,and estimation of testosteron.
Take more of green leafy vegetables,pulses,sprouts,and protein rich foods to have blood,general health and resistance against infections.
Wishing for a quick and complete recovery. Thank you.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I am a 68 year old male. I do not suffer from ED. I have strong erections. I can come to the point of climax, but I do not ejaculate. No rope...