How to treat diarrhea in a 20 month old baby ?

I have a 20 month old little boy who for the past 3 days has had very runny poo which has a rusty metel smell and is very pale grey pasty colour, he has no temp but has lost a little bit his appetite he is also not sleeping well atall at night and is drinking alot more, anyone have any ideas what it could be? thanks Hi, I have a 20 month old little boy who for the past 4 days has has diarreah the colour is like a very pale pasty grey and they smell almost like wet metal when its going rusty, he has a little bit less apetite, has not been sleeping well for the last 2 weeks, drinks a lot but has no temp. He seems to do a poo atleast 2 a day and its always the same colour and consistency. Thanks for your help.
Sun, 29 Jan 2012
Hi welcome to healthcare Magic

The child is suffering from acute diarrheal disease.. Nothing to worry.. continue feeding the child with liquid food, if possible a cup rice ganji.. the child is needed to to be clinically evaluated, about the hydration status etc.. as the loose stools not yet stoped since two weeks , stool sample microscopy& culture will be done.. consult a pediatrician...