How to treat breakouts of hives all over the body?

Hello My name is Bianca And I am 16 years old I have had breakouts of hives all over my body for 2 months now. I have been to the doctors they keep saying take Benadryl. Well It s not helping I think something is majorly wrong with this please tell me what is going on with my body and what I should do about it?
Tue, 16 Apr 2019
Dentist 's  Response

As per your query you have symptoms of breakouts of hives all over the body which can occur due to contact dermatitis, environment factors and sun exposure, which can act as trigger factor.

Need not to worry. I would suggest you to give cold compresses to hives several times a day to prevent from swelling and itching and take over the counter antihistamine drug like benadryl. If symptoms still persist then consult dermatologist for proper examination and treatment. Doctor may perform skin test and challenge to find out the trigger factor. Doctor may prescribe other steroid creams, anti-inflammatory drug or drugs that can suppress immune system.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Harry Maheshwari, Dentist