How to treat adult acne?

Hi, I m a 30 yr. old female, and I m still dealing with acne, I have tried almost every over the counter product known to man, with no luck. When I was younger in my late teens and early twenties I didn t have this problem, but I was also on birth control pills at that time. My adult acne started around age 27, and I haven t been on birth control pills in several years, should I consider that to help with my acne? Is it possible that my problem is completely hormonal?
Fri, 24 Jul 2015

Adult acne is a common skin problem occuring after tenage age. Multiple factors may be responsible. Hormonal imbalance might be responsible. You consult dermatologist for the firm diagnosis. I would suggest as below...

- antibiotics like azithromycine and minocycline
- isotretinoin in low dose
- adapalene,benzoyl peroxide or clindamycine gel
- cleansing soap or facewash

Have patience for the good result..

Thanks.

Dr. Ilyas Patel MD