How to treat a sprained toe?

I woke up this morning with pain in the big toe of my left foot. I didn t have any pain when I went to bed. I began wearing new shoes two days ago. It didn t hurt until I got out of bed this morning and began walking. There is no swelling or redness. It doesn t hurt much if I take my shoe off and curl my toes. It almost feels like a strain.
Tue, 19 Jun 2018
  Anonymous's Response
's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

May be shoe is of a smaller size, kindly check with it and avoid wearing d same shoes. Kindly visit orthopedics to rule out any other causes.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.