• question-icon

How to treat a rash due to shaving that have caused burned bumps?

yes my daughter used a ruat razor to shave. it left two red paths that looked like she drug it too hard. the area puffed up and now has spots alomost flesh eating/burned bumps...nasty.we used neosporin first. antifungal cream last week., now what she complains of it being sore almost ifantigo looking
Tue, 26 Nov 2019
Addiction Medicine Specialist 's  Response

Dermatologic conditions are hard to discuss without seeing them. but let us not rule out Impetigo! or a similar skin infection. Except for staph, the skin infections need a Penicillin like drug and cure rapidly. Staph is often resistant to a lot of antibiotics and nearly always to Penicillin. Culturing the bacteria would show what it is sensitive to.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Sameen Bin Naeem, General & Family Physician