Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

How to treat a paralysis attack ?

sir my relative got an accident he hiitted on his back one month back and afterwards he lost all his body movements due to this except only mouth his age is 40 years please guide me if it is possible to have movment of body
Asked On : Sat, 12 Feb 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  208
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcaremagic
You need to consult a Neurologist doctor to get examined & for treatment.You may require investigations like X-ray, MRI, CT scan to locate the problem. Exercises play important role here because it will regain the muscle power because if he stop the exercises it may create other deformities as well as motivation and emotional support is very important for the patient.
Answered: Sun, 24 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Gyan Prakash's  Response
hi situ bhati.welcome to HealthcareMagic per your saying it seems that there is spinal cord injury.chance of recovery depends upon nature of injury.if it is due to compression then chance of recovery but if there is complete damage right now no treatment.stem cell transplant is an option,but till now no satisfactory result.consult orthopedics and neurologist.
Answered: Sat, 12 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor