Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

How to treat a boil in vagina?

hi doctor , i m 27 years old. I have question,...currently i have throat problem, which i m on antibiotic at the moment. 3 days ago, i have a rough sex with my husband, and leave a minor cut on my vagina, it s like a paper cut near the entrance. i didn t do anything and now it develop something like canker sore . i browse online,.. seems boils is the closest answer. how can i treat it? is it necessary i m getting checked? and is it possible if this can heal by itself? how many days should i wait untill i really have to go to doctor? i really really appreciated your answer... thank you.
Asked On : Wed, 16 Mar 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  880
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi Welcome to

It is not a boil. Boil has collection of pus. It could be minor laceration from trauma from intercourse. It will heal in 5-7 days. If you think you are at risk of sexually transmitted disease, I will recommend consultation with Gynaecologist. Keep the are clean. Apply Neomycin cream or powder.

Regards Dr. Jagdish
Answered: Wed, 16 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor