How to treat a blood blister on cuticle ?

i have a blood blister on my cuticle and i popped it will i loose my nail and if so how long does it take to grow back
Wed, 4 May 2011
Medical Topics ,  
hi
dont popped or scratch it.
depend upon its size it can loose ur nail
better to consult doctor
remove it by surgery or cautery

I recently had a puss filled blister by my cuticle I thought that maybe been an ingrown nail or possibly a wood slivers from messing in the garden but after popping and soaking in salt water what return it was a blistering type blood filled pocket and to my surprise after popping it tonight and had like a clotting blood within it but the skin underneath of the blister is very soft and almost feels like it s deatrateing

Three weeks ago I fell off my motor scooter. I had many abrasions on my knees and elbows. Scabs formed and I was very careful not to rush the removal of the scab. Only cutting off the loose edges so they would not get caught on anything. Now that most of the scabs are gone, in three places a blood blister has formed. I am guessing that the skin on the wound area is very trender and a minor bump caused the blood blister to form. How should I treat the blood blister?

Area effected is one toe only. Began with itchy area at cuticle on big toe. Sm blister followed a few days after itchy onset. Now have blister on side of toe. Not really itchy. I say blisters, but none have popped and present fluid. Has not spread to any other toe or hands for that matter secondary to scratching (have washed hands after scratching...FYI). Considered contact dermatitis, but very odd that only single toe on single foot has presented. Have taken benedryl, applied cortisone, anti-fungal, and anti-bacterial to no improvement at all. This has been going on for approx 1 month. Any suggestions? Also, no swelling, pain or redness associated.

Recent questions on  Eponychium

Hi , I have a 2.5 yrs old daughter.She has got a wound on her right feet thumb finger. Looks as if some skin or cuticle related problem. The area around her nail has gone red and flaky . Its been 3 months now and have tried all sorts of cream like cutiderm , soframycin etc,... but it does not seem to heal.Please advise

I ve just noticed that the skin underneath my cuticle on my middle finger is moving away from the cuticle. It s moving and I can literally touch the nail underneath that your not suppose to see. It s not painful whatsoever I m just really worried because I m 31 weeks pregnant too

34, 54kg, 160cm, healthy. Have had a black splinter type line on left thumb since about 15yrs old. From cuticle to the beginning of the white bit of nail. About 2 weeks ago after heavy pruning garden noticed thumb was sore and aching around the area where the line is, towards the left of nail. Black line has now turned to a bruised type line and noticed at base of nail a purple small bruise is there about size of a small pin head, thumb still aches and pains down that side to the knuckle bone and skin sometimes looks red around the bruised area near the cuticle with feeling of the thumb being "hot". Should I get a second opinion from another GP. Thanks so much, Aussie Mum.

Hey, So yesterday, I stumped my big toe while moving a rug and now the bottom of my nail bed in the left corner, the cuticle is swollen and bruised. Ir's like I shoved the nail into the cuticle and now it is swolen and raised up and bruised. Its numb in some areas and really painful on the outside of my toe. Do I need to go see a doctor or just wait a few more days>