Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

How to treat LAD type 3 vessel disorder ?

sir my mother age 44 had got stroke three years ago and i had taken her cmc hospital vellore few days back where she underwent a coronary angiogram which showed single vesel disease (LAD;type iiii vessel) and it is 99% blocked . what should i do??
Asked On : Fri, 11 Feb 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  770
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Neurologist 's  Response

Your mother is suffering from coronary artery disease single vessel disease .the artery affected is left anterior descending artery(LAD)Coronary artery disease is the narrowing or blockage of the artery or arteries supplying blood to the heart muscle. This narrowing is caused by plaques, which are cholesterol deposits on the vessel wall, resulting in abnormal and gradual thickening of the lining of the heart arteries (a condition known as atherosclerosis). The narrowing usually develops slowly over many years.Treatment for coronary artery disease is dependent on the extent of the disease and the symptoms experienced by the patient.

Eating a healthy and balanced diet, with more vegetables or fruits, is important in protecting our heart arteries. Food that are rich in fats, particularly saturated fats, can lead to a higher level of cholesterol, which is a major component of the deposits that contribute to the narrowing of heart arteries.

Regular exercise plays a vital role in keeping the heart healthy. Exercise helps us to become fitter and build a stronger circulatory system. It also helps us to lose weight. Obesity is unhealthy, as it leads to a higher incidence of hypertension, diabetes mellitus, and high lipid levels, all of which can damage the heart arteries.PTCA is advised in your mother case .This is a minimally invasive method of ‘unblocking’ a narrowed heart artery. Through a plastic sheath placed in an artery in either the groin or the wrist, a balloon can be delivered to the narrowed segment of the heart artery, where it is then inflated to open up the narrowing.

Thereafter, a small wire mesh tube (stent) can be deployed to help keep the artery open. Stents can be either plain (bare-metal) or have medication coated on it (drug-eluting).For all these you need to consult interventional cardiologist

Answered: Mon, 22 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Nephrologist Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha's  Response
Thanks for the query
99 % block is definitely a concern for someone who has already suffered from stroke. I suggest u meet a cardio to see for options
Have a healthy living
Answered: Sat, 13 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor