Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

How to take care of patients having heart blockage ?

my mom is 50 yrs old and has 80 blockage on if a person has 80%, 60% and 30% blockdge and is 50 years old women. what is the diet plan for her? and what are the precaution of any type she need?
Asked On : Mon, 4 Apr 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  122
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Dear Divyanshu,
Your mother is having a blockage of 80% but in which artery. If it is a main artery like the LAD then she has to take drugs to improve flow to the heart muscle or she should undergo an angioplasty and get a stent inserted. This depends on her symptoms. If there is anginal pain, please take her to a hospital for a 2DEcho and Angiography immediately. The diet given to her should be devoid of fat and less in salt and oil. Avoid red meat nad have more of green vegetables and salads. Make her have frequent small meals. She should not sleep on a heavy stomach. If she is comfortable walking let her walk for at least 3 km per day. Get her ECG, sugar and Lipid profiles done regularly.
Answered: Sat, 9 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor