Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
148 Doctors are Online

How to take care of newborn suffering from jaundice ?

sir i am a jundice patient since 45 days back,during this period i have sex with my wife 2 times.she was pragnent that she give birth to a baby,15 days back.we have shown our baby to doctor ,as baby has pale body colourand eye. Doctor gave some medicine and ORS and suggested after 5 days it will be okay,baby has only minor problem Give me suggestion what should i do for baby, and myself as present my junidance level is 1.5, which was 5.0, 30 days back
Asked On : Sat, 30 Jul 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  243
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  User's Response
the jaundice level of youe is cpmming to normal as the result told by you .please drink plenty of glucose water say 650gm glucose daily. the second about the baby new born some time develop it . chech blood test for hepatitis of all your family members.
wish you good health.
Answered: Sat, 30 Jul 2011
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
What is the baby's bilirubin level and any other test report. If the jaundice developed after 24 hours of birth then it could be normal phenomenon as many normal babies also develop jaundice after 24 hours of birth which will usually go away in few days. Have you been checked for Hepatitis. If you suffer from Hepatitis then high chance of the baby also getting it. Do required testing to rule this out in yourself, your wife and baby. Your jaundice seems to be improving. Avoid fatty, oily food. Eat plenty of fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables. Drink enough water. Follow Doctor's orders. If baby is not improving you can consult again and rule out any infection
Answered: Sat, 30 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]

Related questions you may be interested in


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor