Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

How to stop my wife from having Hallucinations ?

About 3 years back my wife suffered from a mental disorder, she used to say the neighbors are conspiring against us, they will kill us, they will do harm to her only brother, even while watching tv programs she used to say that the character is thinking to do harm to us. Initially I use to ignore it but when I understood that it is mental disorder I consult a psychiatrist , after taking medicine (tolaz, lopaz ) she recovered. Now all most after three years (surprisingly in the same month) again she talks off context, does not like my friends and relatives, talks about our family friends who have gone far from our place long back. She is 35. We do not have any relational problem. We have two daughters. She is house wife, she sings well. I need some help please help me...
Asked On : Mon, 21 Mar 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  94
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Symptoms are suggestive of paranoid schizophrenia. Some patients may relapse after initial recovery. She may need long term treatment even after recovery to prevent relapse.
Answered: Wed, 29 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor