Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

How to stop alcohol addiction?

hello sir, i have been but some medicine to stop consume alchol from my friend. i was not a regular drinker i used to drink twice in a month or only in partyies as his parents were forced to use medicine to him ,he is jealous that i can consume alchol & he cannot . i am afraid what medicine he is used if it controls one week without drinking no issues. but for long time i cannot accept pls help me to find how????????
Asked On : Mon, 7 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  31
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychologist 's  Response
Dec 2015
Welcome to HCM
We understand your concerns

Quitting alcohol and smoking is so easy that once Winston Churchill said "Quitting alcohol and smoking is very easy, even I did it thousands of time". This is not a joke.

You can quit alcohol in two ways. One willingly quit it and pledge not to restart it. It needs mental might. Second,through de-addiction therapy in a clinical atmosphere.

First method can be utilized with the help of A PSYCHOLOGIST and second through DE-ADDICTION SPECIALIST.

Wish you speedy recovery
Answered: Sat, 8 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor