How to rule out Achilles tendon injury?

My left heel has been hurting for a couple of weeks, I suspect Achilles tendon. What should be done for it? I am not an athlete. Seems worse when I wear shoes that don t fit snugly or that allow the heel to slip. I do not wear high heels. Should I ice it? Other?
Mon, 25 Jan 2016
Dentist 's  Response

Hi Dear,

Welcome to HCM.

Understanding your concern. As per your query you have Achilles tendon injury. Well there can be many reasons for symptoms you mention in query like jumping , falling from a height or stepping into a hole . I would suggest you to keep you feet in hot water tub with Epsom salt in it , do gentle massage and take proper rest . Consult orthopedic surgeon for proper examination . Doctor may order CT scan along with physical examination . Doctor may recommend muscle relaxant , anti inflammatory or recommend physical therapy.

Hope your concern has been resolved.

Get Well Soon.

Best Wishes,
Dr. Harry Maheshwari