Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
139 Doctors are Online

How to remove tb scar. Any effective drug to cure?

Hi Dr. Goyal, I have ptb scar and im looking for measures to remove it. I ve seen a blog and it sates there about Russian Academy s of Sciences Immunology Institute and Petrovaks-pharm company developed unique drug Longidaza Read more: Tuberculosis Forum - About Tb Scar And Plans to Migrate to Other Countries page 2 . What can u say about this drug?? Is it that effective??jayc
Asked On : Thu, 24 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  1554
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pulmonologist 's  Response
Hi Jacelyn,
Thanks for visiting HCM.
Tb scar is healed lesion of tuberculosis. I don't think that there is any drug which can remove it. Yes there are surgical interventions or it can decrease to some extent by natural process of the body.
Any drug which is discovered has to go for trial on human subjects before labelling it for safe prescription. I don't think this drug has passed the trial and has been approved for routine use.
I strongly recommend you to visit a plastic surgeon or leave the lesion as such on the natural process if it is not cosmetically affecting you.

Best wishes
Answered: Fri, 26 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

 2 users find this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor