Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
142 Doctors are Online

How to remove scars of dermatomyositis ?

I am suffering from dermatomyositis and i have been put on steroids for the control of the inflamation. the fatigue and body pain has improved and the steroid is been withdrawn gradually. because of the disease there is dark patches on the knuckles and on the forearm back and shoulder. i am not able to wear sleeveless and i have to cover my hands in a glove. how to remove the dark scars?
Sun, 15 May 2011
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
i think you can go for laser surgery, every one has talking about laser surgery in scars. need to consult a dermatologist.
General & Family Physician Dr. Syed Anwar Nadeem's  Response
Dear Rosa
Drink one teaspoonful Fresh LEMON JUICE in a glass of water without sugar at bed time

God bless you
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response

Try some VitE cream. it should work.

  User's Response
Scars can be removed only by plastic surgery. See a good plastic surgeon in your place and get it checked
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor