Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
175 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

How to remove q tip stuck in the ear?

daughter put a qtip to far in her ear
my 20 month year old got a q tip and put it to far in her ear. she took the cotton piece off the q tip. she cried for a short moment I wanted to make sure it wasent bleeding so I put a q tip slowly in her ear and got a small drop off blood out. she fell asleep she I take her to the er?
Tue, 29 Apr 2014
Report Abuse
ENT Specialist 's  Response
hello, in my opinion u need to see an ent surgeon as ear can skin very much sensitive small injury can lead to bleeding and pain. it's easy for an ent surgeon to remove any foreign body with sophisticated equipment.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Hello I have a cotton swab in my ear from a q-tip, I m alone at the moment so I can t get anyone to look inside my ear and don t want to use...