How to relieve ear pain caused due to air pressure in an aircraft?

I get really bad ear pain on airplanes. It lasts the entire flight and quite a few hours after. I ve tried yawning, gum, ear plugs, etc. I m already on a prescription decongestant and antibiotics. I also already take sudafed as well. It doesn t help with this. It is extremely painful.
Thu, 19 Jul 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Your suffering from Nairobi trauma while take off or landing. You may use Valsalva manoever, use ear plugs, use decongestant or allergy medications. If symptoms not improved you may consult your ENT specialist he will insert gromet to neutralize the pressure in the ear. I think I answered to your question if you have more questions feel free to ask.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.