• question-icon

How to relieve bloating and gas in hepatitis B patient?

I am a male having age 19 years,5'10" height, 70 kgs Weight, two months before i was tested positive for hepatitis B so doctor prescribed me hepsera medicine for 6 months and I am taking it.The problem is whenever I eat food my belly becomes bloated and i feel gas in my stomach which very uncomfortable for me.tell me what should I do ???
Tue, 9 Jan 2018
Hello dear

Warm welcome to Healthcaremagic.com
I have evaluated your query in details .

* Primary guidelines for better outcome

- Prefer soft , light , bland , vegan diet till possible .
Consume more of whole grains , cereals , pulses , legumes , organic fresh fruits .
Avoid all oily , spicy , non veg , hot beverages , junk foods , carbonated drinks .

Avoid over eating , prolong fasting .
Avoid resting upto 2 hours after meals .
Fix your timing of breakfast , lunch , dinner till possible .
Avoid late night parties , dinners .
Keep the head end of the bed elevated for 30 degrees when resting .

Have regular walking in fresh air , exercises , YOGA .
Avoid smoking , alcohol if consuming .
Avoid stress , anxiety .
Manage to have regular sound sleep of 8 hours .

Intake of Proton pump inhibitors as omeprazole or pantoprazole on empty
stomach 1 hour prior to lunch ; antacid syrups as mylanta or others according to the advise of your doctor helps .

Keep your BP , blood sugar ,liver parameters , cholesterol , body weight under control .
Later on may need ultrasound or upper GI endoscopy according to the progress .

Hope this will help to clear your doubt .
Wishing you fine recovery .

Always welcome for any further assistance anytime .
Regards .