Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

How to regularize menstrual cycle after having a overactive thyroid ?

Hello! I have had overactive thyroid for alittle over a year and my last period was in July 2010. and its now Jan. 2011. If i dont get help, will this cause damage in the future with my overies. Im 21 with no kids/ not married and would like kids in the future. What can i take to get it regulated?
Asked On : Tue, 18 Jan 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  78
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
  Anonymous's Response
Hi. I've an overactive thyroid to. my thryoid was overactive in 2009, then turned to underactive. At the start of december 2011, i was borderline. Now i'm back to overactive again. I recommend you ask your doctor to send you to an Ent specialist. You will also be required to have a blood test done before you go. You will have to get the following done - LFT which is a liver function test, TFT which is a thyroid function test, glucose test etc. The consultant may also send you for a thyroid ultrasound and maybe a ct scan to. Best of luck.
Answered: Thu, 20 Jan 2011
OBGYN Dr. Rhea Chanda's  Response
Its been 6 mths since you had a period.You get a repeat thyroid profile done.You will probably find that you have hypothyroidism.If so,you will need medications to regulate that.At the same time,please get a sugar and prolactin levels done.Along with a pelvic ultrasound.You must need to rule out PCOS as a cause too.See your gynaecologist for these tests.
Answered: Tue, 18 Jan 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor