Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
146 Doctors are Online

How to reduce reactive oxygen species level ?

hi my i m 32 yr old nmy husband is 36. we r trying for baby since 8 yrs we have undergone several iui failure nd 1 ivf/icsi failure.. now doctor has suggested my husband ros level test.the value we get is 109675 while it should b 100-1100 range. value shocking .is it curable and exactly what is it?plz explain.can we have still hope.
Asked On : Tue, 19 Apr 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  103
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Infertility Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic
ROS is reactive oxygen species. ROS are actually free radicals present in human spermatozoa. In men, ROS support normal physiologic functioning of spermatozoa, but when produced in excess they can cause physiological damage to spermatozoa. ROS can occur due to infections, varicocele, smoking. Infections should be treated using antibiotics and anti inflammatory drugs. Varicocele should be surgically corrected. Antioxidants are of certain help. You still have hope. After treatment for 3-6 months semen parameters may improve and you may have success through IVF/ICSI. Take care
Answered: Wed, 20 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor