How to reduce pain and bruise of my pelvic bone?

I fell of my horse and from the middle of my pelvis bone all the way across the top of my left side of pelvis bone turned dark purle bruise with a large knot the size of my hand . It s been ten days since I had the fall and it is a little better. The swelling has went down alot and I am able to walk better but I m still in a lot of pain. What can I do to heel faster? I am 34 and 5 8
Thu, 8 Apr 2021

Since you had a fall from horse back, you should get clinically examined by an orthopedic doctor. Get X-ray, CT / MRI done to detect any fracture bone, torn ligaments / tendons, or any internal injury. You will be treated accordingly. In the meantime, do not stress yourself. Stay at rest. Avoid addictions if any. Take NSAIDs, naproxen or Combiflam, one stat when needed to ease pain.

You can apply a thick layer of ointment Thrombophob (benzyl nicotinate and heparin) to reduce inflammation, swelling or any blood clots below the skin that is causing purple bruise. You will be at ease after the bruise reduces and swelling goes down. Do not massage. Stay away from addictions if any. Take care of your hygiene so that it does not get infected.

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Nupur K., General & Family Physician