Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online

How to reduce my sugar?

I have diabetes for about 10 years. I feel tired during evenings. Night I could not read anything and affects my family life. kinldy suggest some yoga or other techniques to overcome this problem. I am 43 years old since last four years I am facing diabetic problem, used medicine like amaryl for a period of more than six months, used D-care (this relaxed me from my legs pain) a recent test shows as below Glucose: 385 mg/dl - RANDOM presently my treatment is using Amaryl 3.0 with Glocophage 500mg some time i feeling pain in my legs veins, weakness in eye sight, Urine interval is normal... Please suggest how to reduce my sugar.
Tue, 29 Mar 2011
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
  User's Response
first dont get disheartened and remember too much of worries will affect ur lifestyle and undue stress wont let your sugar calm down as there is an entity called STRESS DIABETES .so dont let it be a part................U need to be working thru different modalities-----incl disciplne,drugs& diet & exercise.........with yoga u can try yoni pranayam ,kapaalbhati if not hypertensive.brahmari will help u curtail stress.AVOID SUGAR INCREASING FOOD.TIMELY TAKE YOUR MEALS. .....u have not used full strength of drugs .it seems uncontroled sugar has affected ur eyes and nerves but never mind they may b in areversible stage .get ur bp checked and start taking tab zoryl M2 two times daily 15-20 min beforemeals __.....get your PP bld sugar done after 5 days and reconsult.
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Jagdish's  Response
Dear Member:

You have vision problem. You need thorough eye screen.

You have leg pain, it could be from Nephropathy or metabolic reasons. You need tight blood sugar control.

Also you have uncontrolled diabetes even on Amaryl and Glucophage.

Do not go with one value. Check your fasting and minimum one postprandial blood sugars. Check Hb A1c. If they are still high, you can start Lantus or Levemir, a long acting insulin. That will better control your sugars. You need to check your finger stick blood sugars when you are insulin.

In spite of all these , Diet and exercise are important.

Dr. Jagdish

I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

  User's Response
Whether your treatment consists of diet alone, diet and tablets or diet and insulin, you need regular blood tests to keep a check on your blood sugar. Urine sugar test is not a reliable indicator of diabetes control. When blood glucose remains higher than 200mg/dl for 8-10 weeks, the concentration of glycosylated hemoglobin (HbA1c) arises. A (HbA1c) measurement therefore reflects the blood glucose control over a preceding 2-3 months period, while the estimates of blood glucose indicate the glucose value at the time of blood test. HbA1c values between 6-7% indicate very good control on diabetes. You should aim at keeping your blood glucose in the normal range i.e. between 90-130 mg/dl while fasting and less than 180 mg/dl after meals and HbA1c around 7%. Frequent tests for blood glucose are necessary when starting treatment with insulin. If you are doing capillary blood glucose test using a hand held glucometer, do not squeeze the finger to bring out a sample after you have picked. This invariably gives
  User's Response
Wh far from doctorsat can help for diabetic wrongly eat quick traetment
  User's Response
hi rajat,your sugars levels are very high, even my mother used to have same problem.When we consulted our family physician, he suggested strict diet control and exercise.
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor