Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

How to reduce high fever in a 50 year old suffering from diabetes ?

Fever of 103, 50 year old male has a fever. Is a diabetic and is taking heart medicines. What can he take to reduce the fever?
Asked On : Thu, 19 May 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  167
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi,thanks for query.Both the patients are having high fever,give then plenty of fluids,light diet to eat and proper rest.Give then antipyretic like acetaminophen every 6-8 hours.If fever does not subsides then you need to see a doctor.Keep them in cool place,you can also cold sponging.bye,.
Answered: Thu, 19 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor